Thursday, May 11, 2006

An Update From A German

Here is the group at the Eiffel Tower. I am with Canada in the middle but we forgot our flag!

My best friend Adrienne and I at the Louvre in Paris.

Here I am lying in sunny Avignon at the anciet water bridge

Me, Erin, and Adrienne(Canada) in Ancient Rome

Hi
Just wanted to give you all an update about whats new. I am down to only 6 weeks left in Germany, and the time has gone incredibly fast. I have finally gotten back into the norm of things after the Euro Tour and I hope to finally get my pictures up and running soon(like 700!!).
I have been in my new and last host family now for about 2 weeks. They live in the city(10 minute bike ride downtown and to school). The family is very nice and I am enjoying my time here. My host mom Irina is a house wife as well as an amazing artist. She was born in Russia and lived there until she was 5, then she moved all around the world with her family and lived in Africa too for a long time(so she speaks amazing english...but I still have to speak German with her...). My host dad, Joahim is a Dentist and he has his own buisness here in Emsdetten. His family comes from the same place as where Grandpa was raised so he is pretty interested in our family history. I also have 2 host brothers. Niko is 15 and he goes to school here with me in Emsdetten. Johannes is 17 and is in Mexico for his exchange(I sleep in his room). I really enjoy them and I get a real sense of family here. However it was still weird leaving the Jesse's since I was with them for a little more than 6 months and since the begining. But I am going to try and visit them every Monday because the girls in my old village meet every monday and I would still like to join them.
Two weekends ago I was in London with Rotary. It was a fun trip but a bit to short and rushed. We left at 6am from Germany on Saturday and we took the Chunnel and got to Canterbury in the afternoon. We then stayed there for a bit before moving on to London. We had a tour of London that night and also the next day. Then we left Sunday night at midnight and got back to Germany at 8am Monday morning. Monday was the first of May(May Day)so I didn't have school and got to sleep all day!
As you can see I have been keeping busy and now my calendar is pretty much full until I get home. Next weekend I am going to my last Rotary weekend. It is about an hour or so from here and its the adventure weekend. We get to sleep in tents and go canoeing and a bunch of other stuff, so I am pretty excited. It will include the inbounds(us)and the new outbounds(heading for there exchange)and it is our "going away" weekend. It should be alot of fun but also really sad since it is pretty much the last time we are meeting together as a big group. It scares me to think I may never see some of these people again after this.I am also going to Bavaria(southern Germany) for a week with some of the exchange students. Not alot of them are going from my district since it is so far away but all the exchange students with Rotary in Germany are invited so I should get to meet alot of new people.My host family and my old host family are also planning a trip for us to Bonn to see a germany history museum and then we are going to Cologne to see the Church there(the nicest in Germany)and the chocolate museum!Other than that I just have alot planned with friends, exchange students, and other things with my host families. The time is going to go super fast from here on out. I think by the end of it I will be ready to come home, but now I have too many things to do!!
So that is my update. I will be coming home on June 23rd for those of you who didn't know. Contact my mom if you wanna come to the airport because she probably has the time written down and mine is lost in my room somewhere(I hate moving!). It would be nice if you guys wanted to come to the airport and then we could go out for supper or something(because even though I will be tired, I need to get over my Jet Leg somehow!) and I would love to see you all!So thats it for now. I will let you know when my pictures are up and running.(hopefully soon!)
Love and Miss,
Lisa

5 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

WOW this is very cool. Can you make sure you keep track of all these contacts and people you have stayed with. Because as I get more and more family history info they will serve a great resource.

Great pics

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you and see your pictures Lisa. Glad you'll soon be home safe & sound. Won't be able to greet you at the airport, but will be thinking of you.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Hi Lisa,

Kylie can't wait for you to come home. She knows it is on the 'next calendar'and after Kendra's birthday and is very excited! If you do not get in too late we would like to come and meet you at the airport - if Kylie can contain her excitement and not explode! Can't wait tp hear all the stories.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Hi
Lisa your flight info is:
Muenster-Frankfurt leaves at 10:55
Frankfurt-Calgary leaves at 14:20
Calgary-Edmonton leaves at 17:30 and arrives at 18:18

I'm counting down the days!!

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredable experience you must be having. Once in a life time. The places you have visited and the people you have met are invaluable. What a lucky girl Can hardly wait to hear about it in person. Be safe and enjoy your time left. Hope to see you at the airport.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home