Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mom Update

Hi Everyone,
After I took Mom grocery shopping last night I asked to see the driver’s license form she said she got because I was very curious why the gov. would send it so far in advance of her birthday. I discovered it is her car registration form not the DL form. So I will take her to get that done and to see the Dr. next Friday so he can check her sores and do some memory tests or whatever he needs to do.

Mom probably has mentioned to some of you that she spent too much money on groceries - she certainly bought more than she had on her list. She was kind of like a kid in a candy shop but I thought that was okay because now she will have a variety in her diet. She bought salad items, canned soups, a couple of Kraft dinners, fruit, yogurt, eggs, meat (turkey breast because they had no small pkgs. of chicken & p. chops) as well as 2 bottles of Vitalex. And of course, Lean Cuisine which she bought 5 of but they were much cheaper than at Safeway. I know she’s used to buying groceries every other day, but I thought since we were there…

Just thought I'd mention Mom told me she had mailed a cheque to the Lethbridge Herald for payment for the paper for the next 6 months. However, she forgot to include the GST, which was shown on a chart on the renewal form. So, I asked her to call them today to see if they want her to write another cheque or if they will just send her the next renewal form earlier. I would do it myself and I still might have to, but I try and get her to do things like that on her own first and then follow up with her to see how it goes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

Mar, you are doing a wonderful job! Thanks again for all you do for Mom.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree and a heart felt thank you for all you do for Mom. I'm sorry that we are all so far away and can't help you out. Let us know how much we owe you. Linda would also like to go in on the spring cleaning and flowers.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah shucks - you guys would do the same if you lived here.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie said...
Hi.
Just read the update on the blog. That makes way more sense. It is also a relief because now the Dr. can focus on doing her check up for the sake of her well being rather than only in the context of her driving ability.

The shopping trip was worthwhile for Mom. I like the idea of helping her to choose some variety and healthy choices eg V8 juice. I know how trying this can be however for you.
Thanks again for all that you do.
Love, Marie

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home